Applicants are required to meet all the following requirements.
(1) A person whose nationality is of an Asian country other than Japan, studies science and engineering at university or graduate school in Japan and is aged 26 or under as of April 1, 2015, or a person whose nationality is of an Asian country other than Japan, studies science and engineering at university or graduate school in an Asian country other than Japan and is aged 26 or younger as of September 1, 2015.
(2) A person who requires financial support for study due to a situation that makes further study difficult.
(3) A person with excellent study skills and human qualities who demonstrates a capability to contribute to global understanding and friendship and goodwill between countries.
(4) A person who is able to communicate in Japanese or a person who is ambitious to learn to master Japanese.
Around 10 people per year
(1) For 2 years from the time of being selected as a scholarship student as a basic rule. However, when a person graduates from a university or graduate school he/she has been studying at within the grant period, scholarship is granted till the month of graduation.
(2) Total 240,000 yen at max., 20,000yen at max. a month is granted as a basic rule to university students or graduate school students from our country.
(3) Total 120,000 yen (or 1,200 dollars) at max., 10,000 yen (or 100 dollars) at max. a month is granted as a basic rule to university students or graduate school students of other Asian countries. However, when granting the scholarship in a foreign currency other than dollars, the amount will be based on the exchange rate at the time granted.
We recruit students through target universities. We do not accept any applications directly from students.